Monday, February 22, 2010

Tweeting for Haiti

I've been tweeting for #Haiti since the earthquake. Little did I know how it would change my life. I've met (figuratively) so many wonderful people on twitter. People really care about what happens to Haiti. I've also discovered how cruel life can be. Innocence is bliss.

At first there were so many cries for help from trapped people that I cried day in and day out feeling so helpless in being able to help them. Then I started realizing that all these wonderful people on Twitter were actually helping by reaching the necessary people on the ground there. Then there were the tweets to 4636 that were actually getting things done.

Now it's basically cries for tents to protect themselves from the rain that mother nature has decided to send early this year.

Here are a few links if you'd like to help save some lives in Haiti by supplying tents or shelters for them.

http://ahomeinhaiti.org/

http://www.housall.com/


God bless them; they've been through so much. And something that surprised me was how polite they remain in asking for help, even when they know that help is there but not getting to them. I'm not sure I'd remain so polite in a situation like that.

They are such strong people. I know that something better awaits them...question is right now, how long will it take?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean and respectful is all i ask...I reserve the right to moderate comments and will refuse any posting that are innapropriate.

List of Shelter Solutions for Haiti

Houseall.com Ontario Canada. Houseall news.

Shelter maker House All hurries for Haiti



Ahomeinhaiti.org for tents as temporary shelters



Homeinhaitimtl for tents in Montreal area



Shelterbox.ca To donate directly to them for Haiti











List of volonteer or job aid opportunities in Haiti and globally

Doctors

Canadian Red Cross opportunities (jobs or volunteer)

Haiti Volunteer Network

Citizen's Action team relief database (includes many Organizations)

Relief Web Global



Canadian Help/Ressources for Haiti

Fare Compare Montreal-Haiti (or others)

Canadahaitiaction.ca


Trackernew.net Haiti


Citizenship and Immigration Canada includes outreach sessions for the montreal Haitian Community information

Canadahelps.org to donate to charities